Did you know that PUR Bubblegum is one of our newest gum flavors AND that it has it’s very own National Day!? It’s true! Last Friday, February 2, was #NationalBubblegumDay and we celebrated the only way that we know how! We gave away 10,000 FREE packs of bubblegum. Not only did we give away ALL 10,000 packs but we also went viral! Thank you to all of you that participated and celebrated National Bubblegum Day with us! For those of you who missed it, don’t worry because we have MANY more surprises coming your way this year!
To keep the celebration going, we are sharing another sweet surprise! One of our favorite recipe gurus, Janice Buckingham, created a naturally sweet version of a traditional Panna Cotta but made with PUR Bubblegum!….What? We know..It sounds crazy but we tried it and it’s delish! Of course, we did not know how she plated hers to look straight out of a magazine but hey….to each their own!
The following is written by Janice Buckingham:
My tip for eating is to take it one meal at a time. Don’t be overwhelmed thinking you need to change everything overnight and adopt a restrictive dietary label. Just focus on one meal a day being heavy in whole foods and PLANTS. When you see how good this makes you feel, the rest unfolds naturally and you will keep feeling the urge to nourish your body with healthier food.
I started cooking when I was 6 Years old. Being in a large family- I’m 1 of 8 kids- we all had to take turns on cooking duty. Whereas some of my siblings thought it was a chore, I thought it was the best opportunity to get creative. Cooking ignites all of my senses- sight, smell, taste, touch, and even the sounds of sizzling and dicing- I love the magic of it all. I’ve always known I would become a chef one day! Enjoy my Panna Cotta recipe!
PUR Bubblegum Panna Cotta
1. 1.5 cups almond milk
2. 6 pieces of PUR Bubblegum
3. 1 package of agar agar ( or 2 tbsp)
4. 3 tbsp maple syrup
5. 1 tsp cranberry powder or beetroot powder (for color!)
6. Crushed Watermelon candies and dried flowers for garnish
1. In a small saucepan bring the almond milk, bubblegum, and maple syrup to a simmer
2. Stir in the agar agar powder and then turn off the heat
3. Transfer to a blender and blend on high for 1 minute
4. Pour into little ramekins and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours before topping with your favorite garnish like crushed candy and flowers
If you want to read more of Janice’s amazing recipes you can read them here!
If you want to follow her on social media, click here!